MRCC member and 4th generation cattle and grain farmer, Darvin Bentlage, penned this opinion. “In 2011, I helped write an op-ed called ‘What a good president would do — that would really help family farmers.’ It stemmed from President Obama’s and then-Secretary Vilsack’s unsuccessful attempt to level the playing field and increase competition in agriculture. We argued that this failure not only resulted in increased corporate control of our commodity markets and food system, but also led to a loss of hope in the “democratic process” for rural Missourians and rural Americans. Well, now, President Biden, it’s your turn. We need a good president, and there’s a lot at risk.” Read More here…
- MRCC Celebration of Local Farmers, Local Businesses and Mid Missouri Community of Delicious Food.
- Treat to Traditional Medicare with Dr. Ed Weisbart
- Family Farmers Applaud Biden’s Commitment to National Agriculture Day
- Patchwork Family Farms – The Importance of Buying Local
- Corporate Ag at odds with American Farmers OP Ed with Darvin Bentlage