The laws governing our food and how it’s produced are dictated by corporate Ag lobbyists at the expense of both farmers and consumers. Over the last decades, U.S. Farm Bills and Free Trade Agreements incentivize overproduction driving down prices to family farmers, necessitating taxpayer dollars as a safety net, while multi-national and foreign owned corporate Ag controls our food and takes the money and wealth.But there are solutions–like managing our supply, implementing policies that provide farmers with fair prices from the marketplace (vs. from taxpayers), enforcing anti-trust laws, and stopping corporate factory farms. Corporate control of our government, our lawmakers and our policies isn’t working. Let’s be real– it never has. MRCC is fighting for the solutions. Read more below in Alan Guebert’s article “The third time might not be a charm.”
- MRCC Celebration of Local Farmers, Local Businesses and Mid Missouri Community of Delicious Food.
- Treat to Traditional Medicare with Dr. Ed Weisbart
- Family Farmers Applaud Biden’s Commitment to National Agriculture Day
- Patchwork Family Farms – The Importance of Buying Local
- Corporate Ag at odds with American Farmers OP Ed with Darvin Bentlage